|View as PDF||or Word DOC||.|
Current Technical Pursuits
Skills & Technical Background
- Microsoft .NET
versions 1.0 - 4.0
- C#, Visual Basic.NET, Some C++.NET
- XML, Networking, Regular Expressions, Multithreading, Encryption, etc.
- 1-Tier, 2-Tier, and Multi-Tiered networked applications
- Windows Forms & Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for rich client user interfaces
- ASP.NET WebForms and MVC for thin client user interfaces, WCF for remoting and SOA
- Windows Service for middle tier
- Microsoft SQL Server for database backend
- Agile Practices: CruiseControl.NET Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development (TDD), MSBuild, NUnit, Rhino Mocks, and ReSharper
- Cloud Computing: Microsoft Windows Azure and Rackspace Cloud
- Microsoft SQL Server versions 7 - 2008. Extensive use of T-SQL, C# stored procedures, C# functions, management, and database optimization
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0 - 2007
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office VBA and WordML, an XML superset
- QuickBooks XML SDK (QBXML)
- Windows Installer (MSI) & InstallShield 2009
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Visual Basic 6 Desktop Applications (70-176)
- Microsoft .NET Framework - Application Development Foundation (70-536)
- C, C++, x86 Assembly Language, Java, and Pascal experience
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 2.6 - 7.0
- Source Control - Microsoft Team Foundation, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, SourceGear Vault, Subversion, Git, and ClearCase
|10/2009 - Present||Overwatch Tactical, LTD / Textron Systems Corp.||Austin, TX|
Currently Senior Software Engineer on the product line at Overwatch Tactical. (3/10 – Present)
- Worked on an agile team using two week iterations
- Utilized Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Bridged new and legacy systems using various design patterns including dependency injection, factories, adapters, service locators, etc
- Used Visual Studio 2008 & 2010, Resharper, NUnit, Rhino Mocks, ClearCase and ClearQuest as part of the daily routine
Worked as a software engineering contractor working on the product line. (10/09 - 3/10)
- Diagnosed and fixed software defects for various products within the product line
|04/2009 - 10/2009||Qvinci Software||San Marcos, TX|
Worked as a software developer for a company producing financial analysis and visualization software.
- Wrote features and components for the flagship product Qvinci. Utilized C#, WinForms, and QuickBooks XML API (QBXML)
- Started the engineering prototypes for Qvinci’s next generation product. Utilized WPF, SQL Server 2008, and ASP.NET MVC
- Implemented a Continuous Integration process using CruiseControl.NET
- Implemented and Administered Visual Studio Team Foundation Server and Office Communicator
- Wrote Unit Tests using NUnit 2.5
- Implemented the installer using InstallShield and integrated it with the continuous integration system.
|01/2009 - 04/2009||Diligent Software||Liberty Hill, TX|
Owner of a software consulting firm located in the Austin Metro area. This business is currently inactive.
|02/2004 - 04/2009||Diligent Contractors, Inc.||Temecula, CA|
Owner (50%) of a commercial door and glass construction company built from the ground up.
- Wrote software to manage human resources, payroll, job costing, contract management, billing, and job estimation. Utilized Visual Studio 2008, C# & Microsoft .NET framework, SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, ASP.NET, Windows Forms, and Microsoft Access 2007.
- Hired and trained installation and administrative labor force
- Maintained financial records and accounts payable for company
- Managed installation crews on contracts ranging from $5,000 to $200,000
- Managed and performed administrative tasks such as payroll, insurance, sales tax, inventory, and purchasing
- Estimated job costs and wrote contract proposals
- Maintained computer systems in office including Windows 2003 Server and workstations
- Designed brochures, artwork, business cards and other marketing material for the company
|12/1994 - 04/2004||Visual Records Consulting, Inc.||Temecula, CA|
Primary developer for a custom software consulting company.
- Wrote premium administration software for the medical insurance industry
- Ported, maintained, and improved health risk analysis software for a health appraisal office of Kaiser Permanente hospital
- Wrote medical records scanning and archival software for UC San Diego Genetics
- Designed and implemented Visual Records 1.0 and vrMedCorr 2.0. Version 1 was a single tier, product grade, configurable, record keeping application built on top of the Microsoft Visual FoxPro platform. Version 1 was configured for multiple industries and sold to multiple customers. Version 2 focused on the release of information tracking niche for hospital record keeping departments. It was a complete rewrite utilizing the Microsoft.NET platform, C#, and three tiers.
- Implemented and maintained a Linux box to provide DNS (djbdns), e-mail (qmail & squirrelmail), web server (apache), and firewall and routing services (iptables).
(The percentage specified in brackets designates the portion of the project completed by me.)
- Medical Records Imaging and Archival Software. Microsoft.NET, SQL Server. Interfaced with a high performance page scanner and automated the CD burning archival process. [100%]
- Medical Records Release of Information (ROI) Software
- Visual Records 1.0: A single tier Visual FoxPro database application designed to be highly configurable. Deployed at a number of Kaiser Permanente medical record departments in Southern California. [80%]
- vrMedCorr 2.0: Microsoft.NET, SQL Server. A three tier database application designed for data integrity, scalability, and responsiveness. [70%] http://www.visualrecords.com/pages/medcorr/medcorr.html
- HIPAA Compliance System for Kaiser Permanente. Microsoft.NET, Visual FoxPro, DB2, and SQL Server. This system interfaced multiple 1-tier Visual Records v1.0 installations with a central HIPAA compliance system. Utilized XML, DB2, and hand coded replication. [60%]
- Construction Estimation Software. Microsoft Excel. Utilized extensive VBA macros to perform various tasks. Interfaced with a Microsoft.NET program for reporting purposes via XML. [100%]
- Diligent Tools. Microsoft Access, SQL Server, and Microsoft.NET. Software written to run my construction business. Employed an Access front end and a SQL Server 2005 backend with extensive use of C# stored procedures and functions inside SQL Server. Calculated timesheets and payroll amounts, managed contracts, and calculated monthly billing. [100%]
- Diligent Tools / Web. ASP.NET and SQL Server. A web based reporting interface for Diligent Tools. Supports job lookup using full text searching. Performs Job Costing and other report functions. [100%]
- Diligent Tools / Reports. Microsoft.NET, XML, and SQL Server. Produces Word document reports from data contained in SQL Server as well as the construction estimation software. Produces billing applications, construction submittals, proposal letters, and more. [100%]
- Fractal Renderer. Microsoft.NET and WPF. A hobby project to showcase WPF graphical capabilities and multi-processing software techniques. [100%]
- Hearts. Microsoft.NET and WPF. Sample Program utilizing WPF, MS Expression Design, & MS Expression Blend.
- Web Based Bible Software. Microsoft.NET and ASP.NET. Uses a hand coded full text search and regular expression engine. Partially completed. [100%]
- QuickBooks Synchronization. Microsoft.NET, XML, and SQL Server. Incrementally replicates 95% of the content of a QuickBooks company file and store the data in a SQL Server database. Data is used for job costing in "Diligent Tools / Web". [100%]
A demonstration of select Portfolio items is available upon request.
- Got started with a hand-me-down Sinclair ZX-81 with Basic while in the third grade.
- Upgraded to a PC-XT clone while in the fourth grade. Learned MS-DOS 3.2 & GWBASIC.
- Started learning C using Microsoft QuickC while in eighth grade. Also read "Born to Code in C" by Herbert Schildt.
- Won second place in the Boston Computer Society programming contest while in the ninth grade.
- Also, while in the ninth grade, entered and won honorable mention in the Massachusetts state science fair. The project was titled "The Effect of the Algorithm on Execution Performance".
- Passed the first and second year Advanced Placement Tests for Pascal while in 11th and 12th grade.
- Started employment with Visual Records Consulting, Inc. (formally Lotherington & Parker, Inc.) during the 12th grade.